Software & Tools
The below lists various Software and Tools on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Both open source and commercial software is given in separate sections.
Software & Tools
The below gives a list of software and tools grouped by open source or commercial and then by language.
Open Source Simulation Software and Tools
- Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github
- Deep Learning Software Links via DeepLearning.net
- Torch (machine learning) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- CNTK.ai – Computational Network Toolkit by Microsoft Research
- TensorFlow.org TensorFlow™ is an open source software library for numerical computation using data flow graphs by Google
- systemml.apache.org IBM’s SystemML Machine Learning – Now Apache SystemML
- System ML IBM System ML at GitHub
- dmtk.io Microsoft Distributed Machine Learning Toolkit
- DMTK Microsoft Distributed Machine Learning Toolkit at GitHub
- Amygdala – Open-source software for simulating spiking neural networks, written in C++.
- Annie – Open-source neural network library for C++ (Windows and Linux). Support for MLP, RBF and Hopfield networks. Interfaces with Matlab’s Neural Network Toolbox.
- Cortex – A back propagation neural network application.
- Neural Network Leaves Recognition – A neural network based system to recognize leaves written in Java. A Java-Applet is also available.
- FANN at Sourceforge – Neural network library implemented in ANSI C. Creates multilayer feedforward networks with support for both fully connected and sparse connected networks. Supports execution in fixed point, for fast execution
- Neuropilot Project – Showcases a java applet demo of a trained neural network piloting a lunar-lander type spacecraft over landscapes of various complexity.
- University of Hertfordshire Neural Network Software – Suite of unsupervised competitive learning software written in Java, with full source code.
- NNSYSID Toolbox – A set of MATLAB tools for neural network based identification of nonlinear dynamic systems.
- FANN – Fast Artificial Neural Network Library in C
- libF2N2 – An open source neural network library. Implements feedforward neural network classes in multiple languages including C++ and PHP.
- Lightweight Neural Network++ – Free software project. Implements a general feed forward neural network and some training techniques.
- Thinknowlogy – The world’s only self-organizing knowledge technology
- Artificial Intelligence Recurrent Asymmetric Networks (NARIA) – Open project about simulating human-like intelligence with the help of neural networks.
- Neuroph – Java Neural Network Frramework at SourceForge
- Neuroph – Java open source neural network framework which can be used to create and train common types of neural networks. Site contains full source code, documentation and project info.
- Sigma Knowledge Engineering Environment at SourceForge
- Simbrain – A free java-based neural network simulation kit.
- OpenAI at SourceForge
- DELVE – A standard environment for evaluating the performance of learning methods. Includes a number of datasets and an archive of learning methods.
- Xerion – Neural network simulator based on C and Tcl. Made up of C libraries to build networks, and pre-built simulators.
- WEKA 3 – Data Mining Software in Java
- OpenCyc – Open Source General KnowledgeBase and Commonsense Reasoning Engine
- EasyNN – Neural network software for Windows with numeric, text and image functions.
- AI Toolkits and SDKs at GameAI
- Genesis – A platform for simulating complex neural systems.
- Gnod – Experimental AI Self Adapting System
- Encog – A Neural Network Framework for C# and Java at Heaton Research
- NetMaker – Simulates MLP, RMLP and Cascade-Correlation models with dynamic size adjustment algorithms. Includes various training patterns, error and activation functions.
- Joone – Java Object Oriented Neural Engine at jooneworld.com
- Neural Network Toolbox for MATLAB – An environment for neural network research, design, and simulation within MATLAB.
- NeuroShell Predictor – Forecasting and estimation software based on neural networks. Demo version available.
- MeaningTool – Semantic Engine That Learns
- Netlab – A library of MATLAB functions for simulating neural network algorithms based on the book Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition by Chris Bishop.
- Prediction with neural network – Tutorial that includes Java applet for online experiments with prediction of a function, including training set generation and error observation.
- Prediction.io – An open-source machine learning server for developers and data scientists to create predictive engines for production environments, with zero downtime training and deployment.
- Tiberius – Neural network for classification and regression problems. Supports ODBC and Excel.
- SNNS – Stuttgart Neural Network Simulator (also JNNS)
- Pinot – LinkedIn open-sources its Pinot real-time analytics software
- GitHub Special: Data Scientists to Follow & Best Tutorials on GitHub
- Perkun An experimental AI language. Attempts to maximize the expected value of the payoff function by appropriate choosing the actions (output variables values)
- Perkun Blog
- Machine Learning Periodic Table via MLN.io
- BrainMaker Neural Network Software at California Scientific
- Amzi! provides software and services for knowledge-based application development and deployment.
- BLIASoft Knowledge Discovery is an innovating software for data mining and decision-making enabling to model, understand and optimize the most complex processes
- NeuroSolutions – Icon-based neural network development software. Supports several types of networks and training algorithms. Trial version is available.
- Alyuda NeuroIntelligence – Neural network software and Excel add-ins for forecasting and data analysis. Supports several algorithms. Trial versions are available.
- Tradecision – Neural network software for technical analysis and stock market trading. Demo is available.
- NeuroXL – MS Excel add-ins based on neural networks. Designed for predicting, classification and financial forecasting.
- SkyMind – Skymind is the commercial support arm of the open-source framework Deeplearning4j, bringing the power of deep learning to enterprise on Hadoop and Spark.
- Sky Tree – Enterprise Grade Machine Learning for Big Data
- Watson IBM Watson – The platform for cognitive business
Other Software and Tools
- Hacker’s guide to Neural Networks by Andrej Karpathy, a PhD student at Stanford studying Machine Learning
- Step-by-step instructions for creating an artificial intelligence in any programming language with examples given in Perl that supports Unicode for thinking in any natural human language
- Java Applets for Neural Network and Artificial Life from Akio Utsugi
- Artificial Intelligence App mobile app that covers 142 topics of Artificial Intelligence in detail. Each topic is around 600 words and is complete with diagrams, equations and other forms of graphical representations along with simple text explaining the concept in detail.
- NLP Tools a list of NLP tools for various purposes.
- Visualization of pathfinding algorithms at AIGuy.org
- Visualization of the Coloring CSP problem at AIGuy.org
- Visualization of optimization algorithms at AIGuy.org
- BWAPI project for writing Starcraft:Broodwar bots from AIGuy.org at Github
- A library and a GUI front-end for machine learning using intuitionistic fuzzy data by Dr. Dmitry Kazakov
- Software library for dealing with fuzzy things in Ada <firstname.lastname@example.org> by Dr. Dmitry Kazakov
- Emdros – Open source text database engine, including query-language, for storage and retrieval of linguistic analyses of text. Documentation, download and project updates.
- Comparison of Neural Network Simulators – emergent
- Caffe – deep learning framework
- Torch7 – A SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING FRAMEWORK FOR LUAJIT
- Theano – Python library
- cuda-convnet – Fast convolutional neural networks in C++
- Ccv – A Modern Computer Vision Library
- NuPIC – Numenta Platform for Intelligent Computing (Python / C++)
- DeepLearning4J – distributed deep-learning library
- Wipro HOLMES – Artificial Intelligence Platform is a rich set of cognitive computing services for the development of digital virtual agents, predictive systems, cognitive process automation, visual computing applications, knowledge virtualization, robotics and drones
- Knime.org – The open platform for your data
- Rapid Miner – Prep data, create models & embed in business processes faster than ever before
Languages associated with AI software
There are a number of software languages that are closely associated with AI due to their specific capabilities, these are listed below.
Introduction to Languages
Introduction to various computer languages that can be used for AI & ML simulation
- Introduction to Neural Networks for C# Online Book and Online Course
- Introduction to Neural Networks for Java Online Book and Online Course
- Pascal Costanza’s Highly Opinionated Guide to Lisp
The R Language :
- R Project for Statistical Computing – R, also called GNU S, is a strongly functional language and environment to statistically explore data sets, make many graphical displays of data from custom command line, shell has option to save one full environment per working directory. Descriptions, documents, downloads. [Open Source, GPL]
- An Introduction to R – Derived from an original set of notes describing the S and S-Plus environments.
- RPy – R from Python. Simple, robust, Python interface to R; manage all kinds of R objects and execute arbitrary R functions, including graphics. Converts all R errors to Python exceptions. Use any R module from within Python. [Open Source, GPL]
- Comprehensive R Archive Network – Network of FTP and Web servers around the world that store identical, up-to-date, versions of r code, documentation.
- Books about R – Sells printed copies of free software manuals, including the official R introduction (tutorial) and both reference manuals. [Network Theory Ltd.]
- Server Clinic: R Handy for Crunching Data – Beginner introduction with code samples, further reading. [developerWorks at ibm]
- R for Windows FAQ – Answers many questions on installing, packages, customizing, Windows features, building from source.
- R-bloggers – A center for R users to find and read bloggers who write about the statistical programming language, R.
- The Omega Project for Statistical Computing – Over 30 R packages, libraries, released as part of Omegahat project. Many are bindings to other languages such as Python, Gtk, XML; COM, and SOAP. Most can also be used with S-Plus. [Open Source, BSD-like]
- Rseek.org – A custom front-end to Google search engine to assist in finding content related to the R language.
- R Books – An extensive list (with brief comments) of R-related books
- CRAN Task Views – A directory of links to R packages, sorted by topic, by prominant figures in the R community
- Rcpp – A C++ API for R, along with associated classes to allow for the integration of C++ into R code.
- The R Journal – An open access, refereed journal of the R project for statistical computing.
- Rstudio – A powerful and productive user interface for R. It’s free and open source, and works great on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Revolution R Enterprise – One of the enterprise versions of R, supporting a variety of big data statistics, predictive modeling and machine learning capabilities.
- JGR – Java GUI for R – A universal and platform independent GUI for R. It features many tools like advanced editor, object browser, flexible data input/output, and package management.
- R Graphical Manual – A collection of R graphics from all R packages, and an index to all functions in all R packages
- StackOverflow – Information on R at StackOverflow.com
- scikit-learnMachine Learning in Python
- How to build a simple neural network in 9 lines of Python code via Medium.com
- StackOverflow – Information on Python at StackOverflow.com
Lisp : coming soon
Scheme : coming soon
Other Languages :
- Julia is a high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for technical computing
- Data Science in F# using FsLab Interview with Tomas Petricek
If you would like us to add a specific item to this list, please let us know via our add a link page
Also see our sub-categories