Latest NewsCheck out the Latest News from homeAI.info
We are looking recruit a team of volunteer judges to help with the nomination selections for our 3rd Annual AI Awards.
This is a great opportunity to raise your profile in the industry, to be seen as a thought leader within the AI community.
For more information please visit Awards.AI/become-a-judge
The Global Annual Achievement Awards for Artificial Intelligence — The 2nd Annual Award Winners Announced.
The Global Annual Achievement Awards for Artificial Intelligence is now in its second year, and has significantly grown this year, both in terms of the number of categories of award and the number of votes received.
These annual awards are to celebrate the various achievements of the AI community in developing new algorithms, products and services across a number of different categories and industries. We also acknowledged the work of startups and individuals who’s focus on AI is advancing the field.
This year we have 17 categories covering a range of topics and sectors that shows how diverse the field of AI is and specifically how its application is spreading across many industries. We also announce the Person and Company as well as the AI Tool or Framework of the Year.
A new addition to the awards this year is our Special Award for AI Achievement for the person, company, product or tool we feel most deserving of our recognition.
HomeAI.info was setup just over 18 months ago by Dr Andy Pardoe. Over that past year and a half, the site has grown both in terms of functionality and visitors. We have always had fantastic encouragement and feedback from the community which has lead to adding more and more to our offering.
Since our initial launch, we have added a number of additional sites and ways we are supporting the AI community. These include Events.AI, Awards.AI and most recently Neurons.AI
We have now reached a point in our development, where we need to seek the help and assistance from others to help us to continue to grow and increase the support we offer.
We are a non-profit organisation, and looking for people who wish to help support the AI community as a volunteer. We feel this is a wonderful opportunity for you to raise your own profile in the community while also supporting and giving back to an industry and community that has so much potential to be a world leader over the coming years.
What we Need
- Senior Leaders, CTOs, CIOs and most importantly, SMEs of AI and Machine Learning, to form a senior advisory board supporting Andy and the management team in terms of the direction and focus of the initiatives that we should drive forward. We will meet a few times a year to set the agenda and focus on the group.
- Content Providers, Journalists and Editors to help us increase our own content. Help give us our own voice and opinion. We feel this is really important to help build up our catalog of contributors.
- Sales & Marketing. To help us grow, we need to reach out to more companies and individuals to make them aware of the ways we can support them.
- Admin. As we grow we need to keep ontop of more and more administrations and paperwork.
- Operations & Logistics. While our initial focus has been on the on-line world, we are moving more into the off-line, real world in terms of organising meetups, and conferences. This requires all sorts of help both on the day of the event but also beforehand too.
- Regional and Country Leads. We have visitors from all over the world, and ideally we would like a country lead for each to ensure we are giving focus to each countries specific requirements. Plus to support our role out of real world events.
- Business Development. Help exploring new growth areas. We have a number of new websites we need help to grow, including our Jobs and Careers Portal (Vocation.AI) and our new Professional Networking site Neurons.AI. We also have a few ideas which we would like to roll out in 2017 too.
- Technical support. We run and administer an increasing number of websites, we would welcome support with these to allow us to add more functionality quicker to our sites, while ensuring we have a stable platform for our users and visitors.
- CEO, CTO and CMO. While Andy Pardoe has been performing all of these roles since inception, we would welcome the dedication and leadership that separating these roles would bring, together with benefits of strengthening the management team.
Currently none of these roles come with any renumeration, they are very much part-time voluntary roles. However, we are seeking funding sources that would change that situation in the near future.
Help us grow this initiative and allow us to continue our support of the AI community.
All enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
So our 2017 Predictions for Artificial Intelligence are as follows;
- Art and Media Creation – I feel this will continue to build momentum next year with more advances in the type of content and quality of content produced. We are already seeing the quality coming close to that of humans, and maybe this year in a number of categories we will find it difficult to distinguish between AI generated and human created.
- Virtual Assistants – We are now seeing agents entering the home (not just on our phones) the integration with IoT devices will continue at pace in 2017. But can they do more than just switching lights on and off, doing simple search tasks and ordering repeat items from our favourite stores.
- More Physical Robots and Self-Driving Cars – This is an area that is very close to explode in terms of mainstream. Apple are design a vehicle, Uber are testing self-driving taxis. Robots to provide home help will be further developed in Japan (where there is a huge need for this). But we will see more robots doing simple tasks in the home and office?
- Start-ups come out of Stealth – Over the past few years there has been a huge amount of VC funding for start-ups working in AI. We have seen the first firms already and many of them have been bought by the large technology players, but there will be many more start-ups surface from stealth this year, delivering more and more novel business models and solutions
- More Industries investigate use of AI – We will see many more diverse industries looking to employ the benefits of AI in there own environments. This will really drive AI in Business. But this may just start as advanced analytics and prediction / recommendation tasks, with robotics and deep learning applications coming into play in 2018.
- AI in the Workplace – We will start to see Augmentation (See the Four-A’s) in the workplace for a number of different jobs. This will be a gentle introduction to how AI is going to transform the workplace over the next five years. Sectors that are consume huge quantities of information, both structured and unstructured will see augmentation first, including the legal and accounting professions.
- More Lives Saved – We will see more applications of analytics and research empowered by AI that will be saving peoples lives, both immediate and from diagnosis and medical cures. I hope these applications get well publicised as this is one of the wonderful benefits of these advanced algorithms.
- More Talk about Governance and Ethics – This will continue until we have a world-wide agreement on a framework for both keys areas but don’t expect that in 2017. While we will see certain countries moving this forward faster than others, it will still be mostly superficial talk with limited progress in 2017.
- Further Advances in the Technology – There is a huge amount of research happening, from Universities, Large Companies and Start-ups, that we will continue to see advances is the models, algorithms, frameworks and platforms. But the progress will be incremental in 2017, with no major quantum leap advance.
- A Standard Definition for Artificial Intelligence – While the field is technically 60 years old this year, there is still not a standard definition that is widely accepted. I plan to help close this one out in 2017, more to follow on this one soon.
Celebrating Eighteen Months of homeAI.info and the Informed.AI Group
Another six months, and a lot of progress to report on.
Our main site homeAI.info still remains at the heart of our group. A growing directory of information resources, with an additional category added for fintech during the last period and still more to come. The news area is still very popular and we continue to see more user submitted stories. We have also continued to add more to our spotlight area and are always looking for more companies, startups and people to profile in our spotlight section.
We have just launched a new dedicate area for Students of AI accessed via the link http://Study.AI which we see as a major part to our educational offering going forward, and will over the coming months add more resources to this area.
We have launched the 2nd Annual Global AI Achievement Awards which has an amazing 21 categories, making it the biggest and best Awards for AI. This is the original AI Awards and we hope you all support this initiative by voting at http://Awards.AI. The Awards are a core part of us delivering our manifesto obligation of supporting the AI community and celebrating the achievements of those working in the field.
To mark the Eighteen month anniversary we are launching our most ambition website yet. We are calling it Neurons.AI and its a Professional Network for AI Practitioners and Researchers. The focus on this site is to provide a bridge between commercial and academic endeavours in the field of AI. We strongly believe that bringing the two groups together will produce even more amazing developments in the field of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science. The network is like a social media network, but with a significant emphasis on forums and discussions. Neurons.AI also includes an offline element in the form of regular meet-ups. We have an official Press Release for this launch which you can read here.
We are also preparing to launch our AI Showcase Quarterly meet up from Q1 2017, the details can be seen at http://Showcase.AI. The desire is to inform students of AI and Machine Learning about the inner workings of a commercial development of Machine Learning applications and systems. This meetup will also be an opportunity for startups to showcase their products.
We continue to develop the careers portal and jobs board at http://Vocation.AI and are actively looking for more companies or agencies wanting to list their job opportunities on our site for free.
As always without the support of the AI community we are nothing. We continue to get wonderful feedback, and look forward to develop our platform to further support the AI community. We are very excited to make significant progress in 2017. As part of this we are looking to build out our advisory board to help us shape the direction of our future growth and are exploring ways we can accelerate our growth and rollout in 2017.
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement.
Dr Andy Pardoe
Founder of the Informed.AI Group of Community Websites
Our group of websites includes:
Our social media:
We have twitter accounts for all of our sites;
Neurons.AI Launches Today – The Network for AI Professionals
A new social network for artificial intelligence professionals called Neurons.AI is launching today that will both operate online and host real world meet-ups.
Neurons will be the Facebook for AI experts and also provide members with the chance to socialise at regular events, to learn more about the subject and share ideas with others in the field.
Neurons is the brainchild of UK-based Dr Andy Pardoe, a PhD in Artificial Intelligence and Founder of Informed.AI, a group of community websites supporting those interested in AI, machine learning and data science.
The network will officially launch in beta mode on the 27th November but is open today for early registrations with a limited membership for the first six months, to be followed later by open paid subscriptions. Beta members will not pay membership for the first year. All membership fees will be used to directly for activities of the Informed.AI group to help promote and support the wider AI community.
Founder, Andy Pardoe, said: ‘I want to build a place where people can talk and share their ideas and experiences about AI and machine learning and allow collaborations between researchers and those working in a commercial setting.’
‘The idea is to have a more dynamic conversation about AI, a place where people can have a voice.’
He added that members would be able to learn more about the latest developments in the AI field, often before anyone else does, given that this will be a forum for experts from industry and academia.
The social dimension will also be front and centre with an objective to build new connections and make friends in the AI and machine learning world. There will also be opportunities for members and their organisations to make presentations to members at meet-ups.
Naturally there will be significant networking opportunities; the ability to share and contribute to online forums and articles connected to Neurons; and to participate and also present new ideas at meet-ups.
If you would like to become a member please visit http://Neurons.AI to find out more.
We are please to launch a dedicated resources page for students of artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We will be adding more to this area over the coming weeks, but wanted to share what we have already put together. Essentially we have re-organised our directory of resources so that it is tailored for students. The full directory is still available if needed, plus you still have full access of the homeAI.info resources. This is just a starting page for students on our homeAI.info site.
The page is available by visiting http://Study.AI
As always we welcome feedback and suggestions for improvements.
Another Super Sunday for updates on our site.
- Additional listings on the Company page
- The new FinTech category added to the directory
- Added a page for the Neurons Professional Network signup
- Fixed a problem with the Videos page so now all our playlist groups are shown
- Added our new sponsored links on pages
As always we welcome feedback and suggestions. Please use our contact us page for all comments.
The Showcase 2016 Event is on the 15th and 16th September and still has a few tickets available for purchase.
The 2 day event is hosted by FutureWorld.tech at The Old Truman Brewery, East London’s revolutionary arts and media quarter.
Our confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Morgan, DSP
- Patrick Levy-Rosenthal, Emoshape
- Clara Durodié, Independant Director
- Melanie Warrick, Skymind
- Parit Patel, IPsoft
- Andy Pardoe, Informed.AI
- Laure Andrieux, Aiseedo
- Alexander Hill, Senesce
- Dale Lane, IBM Watson
It is with great pleasure that we formally announce that the 2nd Annual Global AI Achievement Awards will be open for nomination votes this Thursday 1st Sept.
This is our second year of holding these awards, which we had ten awards categories, you can see the previous years winners on the awards website. This year we have doubled the number of categories to twenty, the full list can be found on the categories section of the website.
We encourage you all to support our initiative and vote for the companies and individuals you feel are contributing the most to the field of artificial intelligence. Support the community and celebrate the amazing work being done by thousands of people and hundreds of companies across the global.
Its a public vote open to everyone, for companies that wish to be nominated we suggest you inform your customers about the awards and suggest which category you would like to be nominated in.
There is still time to be a corporate sponsor of the awards. See the sponsors page for more details.
Don’t forget to visit the site http://Awards.AI on or after the 1st Sept to cast your vote.
******* MACHINE INTELLIGENCE COMPETITION 2016 *******
British Computer Society Machine Intelligence Competition 2016
After a three-year gap it is with great pleasure that the British Computer Society Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence (SGAI) relaunches the BCS Machine Intelligence Competition, as part of the Group’s one-day event Real AI 2016.
The eleventh BCS Machine Intelligence competition for live demonstrations of applications that show ‘progress towards machine intelligence’ will be held on Friday October 7th 2016 at the BCS London Office, First Floor, The Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London. The winner will receive a cash prize plus a trophy.
The prize will be awarded on the basis of a 10-15 minute live demonstration (not a paper, not a technical description). The demonstration can be of either software (e.g. a question-answering system or a speech recognition system) or hardware (e.g. a mobile robot).
Full details of the competition and an online entry form are available on the website. There is no entry fee but competitors will be asked to meet their own costs. The closing date is Friday September 9th 2016. However early entry is strongly advised.
Attendance at the competition is free of charge for those attending Real AI 2016 (http://www.bcs-sgai.org/realai2016/). All those attending will be eligible to vote for the winning entry.
Organisers: Ms. Nadia Abouayoub (BCS SGAI) email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Prof. Max Bramer (Chair, SGAI) email: email@example.com
We are pleased to announce the dates for the 2016 Showcase.AI Conference.
The Showcase is a two day conference and will be between 15th and 16th September 2016, located in central London, UK.
The theme of the conference is “Deep Tech”.
More information can be found at Showcase.AI
To book tickets visit our partner FutureWorld.tech, and select Register to purchase tickets.
We are pleased to announce the time table for the key events as part of the 2nd Annual AI Awards.
The Awards Timetable is:
- 1st July – Awards Categories Listed
- 1st September – Open for Nomination Voting
- 15th January – Voting Closes
- 1st February – Award Winners Announced
We are pleased to announce the official first year anniversary of homeAI.info.
Since inception, it has been an amazing experience building up the homeAI.info website to what it is today. Initially the focus was to build a directory of information resources about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, and this still remains at the core of the website. We have collected a significant number of information resources together in one place, but realise this is an ongoing task as more and more new companies, products, software projects and tools are launched and we will endeavour to add them to our directory.
Our focus is to provide information for anyone interested in AI who is at any stage of expertise, from novice to professional. You can see our manifesto on our parent website Informed.AI.
While building out the directory of information resources, we realised that we can also provide different channels of information, including forum posts, tweets and video media. This then took us to provide a news aggregation service which is one of our most popular parts of the website and this allows us to stay current and up to date with the latest changes happening in the industry.
Our News and Magazine section of our website is one of our most popular areas, as it provide up to date information on the field, and we know that there is so much happening on a daily basis. We also have streams for forums and social media posts, which also help people keep up with the latest information. We have a video stream as well with various playlists for different topics, well worth a look.
We have now also launched a number of micro-sites to focus on very specific areas of Artificial Intelligence. So much so that we now have a group of community websites for AI grouped together under the Informed.AI network.
We have an Events website that lists all the meet-ups, events, conferences and exhibitions occurring across the world on the subject of AI and ML. This site we are very proud of as we feel it provides a really useful service to everyone interested in attending an event on AI so they can see all available events in different locations. We have three media partners that all offer discounts on events. We believe this is the best single place information on events within the AI field.
Another initiative we started was the Global Annual Achievement Awards for Artificial Intelligence. The site is Awards.AI and nominations are still open across ten categories for the 2015 Awards. We feel this is a significant element that was missing from the AI community and industry and we are very proud to help deliver this.
In 2016 we launched our magazine section on homeAI.info, also accessible via Magazine.AI This is a wonderful platform that allows us to consolidate all of our user submitted content. We are only just starting with this and hope to improve the format of it in the coming months.
Another site we have spun out is our Careers portal Vocation.AI. This is very new only a few weeks, but we hope this will become the leading place for companies and agents to post roles available in the data science and machine learning fields. We welcome contact from anyone that would like to support this initiative.
We are also venturing into hosting out first AI event this year. Showcase.AI will be a 2 day event in London in September. We are currently looking for speakers and attendees at the moment so if you are interested please contact us via the website showcase.ai
We are also planning to launch a Crowd Funding campaign later in the year to support our further growth and expansion. Watch this space for more details on this.
Without the AI community we are nothing. Once again thank you all for being part of our journey and welcome anyone who wishes to support us on our mission to build a strong united AI community. The strong community is what drives us forward and the wonderful feedback we get on a weekly basis has always been very encouraging. We look forward to see what progress we can make in the next year, with your support I am sure it will be totally amazing.
If you would like to help and get involved please contact us to discuss.
Our network of websites:
Our social media:
We have twitter accounts for all of our sites;
We also have a few Facebook pages too:
We are approaching our first anniversary and we would like to reach out to our community for suggestions on how we can celebrate?
One idea we have is to give away a free ticket to an event via one of our media partners Re-Work. But how do we select the winner?
Any ideas or thoughts please let us know
Added a lot of updates to the directory across a number of categories today.
We also want suggestions for our Spotlight section which is perfect for start up companies, press releases of new products or for individuals to promote a new book as examples. Please contact us to make a recommendation or suggestion.
Its completely 100% free for any additions to our site, so please let us know how we can help promote your AI project or business.
We are looking for established companies or startups that would like to feature in our spotlight. We are also happy to feature individuals if they are involved in the field; we have previously featured an author.
Since we started the spotlight we have had a lot of great feedback from the companies featured, and we feel this is a wonderful way to promote your business or product/service.
We do not charge to feature in the spotlight area of our website, and its the perfect time to be part of this as you will also be included in our online AI magazine.
This is great for a startup to issue a press release or announce a new product too.
For more information and to request to be featured, please contact us in the usual ways.
A very quick update to let you all know we have slightly changed the top menu structure of homeAI.info. Nothing major, just a couple of very small changes.
We have added Events and Careers menus which redirect to Awards.AI and Vocation.AI websites. These are two of our micro-sites that are part of our Informed.AI Network of Information websites for AI.
The Awards menu now directly goes to our Awards.AI site.
We are very pleased to announce that another mini-site spin-off of homeAI.info has now gone live.
Vocation.AI is our careers and job portal for those interested in find opportunities in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Currently the site has a news feed related to jobs in AI on its home page, and info page and the ability for companies to post job openings for free.
As always, we welcome your comments, feedback and suggestions on how we can improve our sites. so please let us know what you think.
We also have a related twitter account for this website @Vocation_AI which you may also find useful.
Please share the website and twitter account with your friends and colleagues.
Welcome everyone to our first Super Sunday for 2016, yes I know its the last day of January already, but its been a very busy time for us. Over the past few weeks we were very busy with our AI Awards announcements, but now we are back and fully focused on homeAI.info.
We have had quite a few updates this weekend including;
- Some reordering of the main menu
- moved the spotlight menu under the magazine menu
- redone the pages for our daily and monthly News
- produced our first online magazine page
- updated the awards page
- added user requested linked to our directory
- updated our submit a news story or article page
Another major change for us is the first version of our online Magazine. We have decided to produce an online magazine that contains all the articles and news stories submitted by our community exclusively. This magazine also contains companies and people from our spotlight profiles. We really hope you like our magazine.
As always, we welcome your feedback.
We also have a number of exciting new projects for 2016 which we look forward to sharing with you very soon.