Zillow – Sr Software Development Engineer, Data Science/Machine Learning
Zillow is looking for software engineers with experience in web-scale distributed systems and machine learning algorithms to join a growing world-class data science and engineering group dedicated to excellence. The group is responsible for cutting-edge analytic products such as the Zestimate®, Rent Zestimate® and housing indices on Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes. We utilize modern open-source Big Data technologies such as Apache Hadoop and Spark as the foundation of our ML platform. Building consumer-facing analytic products powering Zillow’s industry-leading online marketplace puts the team and this role at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer.
What’s in it for you?
- Building cutting-edge, highly parallelized, big data, machine-learning applications (including classification, regression, and neural networks) in the cloud. This role straddles large-scale systems engineering and machine learning, and we are looking for engineers that have solid expertise in both of these areas. Sounds like a Mad Lib of marketing jargon, but we’re serious…that’s what you’ll be building.
- Small team = big impact. Zillow product development is highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of brilliant, ambitious and fast-moving people. Duties
- Design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data.
- Work closely with research scientists on prediction models.
- Collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution.
- Applicants should have a degree (BS+) in a Computer Science or related discipline.
- 2-7 years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving big data and machine learning.
- Extensive experience with C++ or a JVM based language. Strong OO coding skills.
- Experience implementing machine learning or statistical algorithms is desired
- Experience working with very large datasets with data distributed across large data clusters is desired
- Experience with the data analysis languages R and Python.
- Experience with Hadoop and Spark is desired.
- Experience with databases of various vendors and types.
- Experience with modern source control (Git, Hg, SVN).
- Experience with Amazon AWS services (specifically S3, EMR, RDS and EC2).
This topic has been made read-only. No further replies can be posted.
Flagging notifies Kaggle that this message is spam, inappropriate, abusive, or violates rules. Do not use flagging to indicate you disagree with an opinion or to hide a post.
Source: Zillow – Sr Software Development Engineer, Data Science/Machine Learning
Via: Google Alert for Data Science