Why You Shouldn’t Purchase an Analytics Answer – Instead Enable a Workforce

Organizations looking to get on board with the big data movement are hiring the best and brightest to analyze and influence business decisions. Data scientists, architects and business intelligence professionals can get expensive. After hiring the best people and selecting state-of-the-art tools, the failure rate, according to Gartner, is more than 70 percent. For mathematicians reading this, that leaves a mere 30 percent success rate for analytics programs. What gives? You just hired the best talent outside of the organization to change the way you operate, so why can’t they do it? Inertia. You brought in a group of outsiders to crunch numbers and show other professionals in your organization how to do their job better through analytics. See the problem? You alienated the very professionals that you brought in…


Link to Full Article: Why You Shouldn’t Purchase an Analytics Answer – Instead Enable a Workforce