Today’s Entrepreneur: Rahul Pangam
Today’s Entrepreneur is Rahul Pangam, Founder and CEO of Simility. Simility provides enterprise fraud detection platform with machine learning and data visualization capabilities. Prior to Simility, Rahul founded and scaled multiple fraud detection teams at Google.
Pangam graduated in MS, Electrical Engineering at Clemson University last 2000 and he got his MBA in University of Michigan last 2007.
Here’s a little about Pangam:
I am a(n): Entrepreneur
Achievements (products built, personal awards won):
1. Led the Ads Quality Operations for Google; reduced bad ads by 90% (reference: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2015/02/fighting-bad-advertising-practices-on.html)
2. As a Lead Engineer at GE, designed our first Industrial Power Management platform for Tata Steel.
My favorite startups: zenefits, über, airbnb
What’s most frustrating and rewarding about entrepreneurship/innovation?
1. Get to wear many hats
2. Focus on an interesting problem and have an outsized impact in solving it
What’s the No. 1 mistake entrepreneurs make?
The downside of wearing many hats as an entrepreneur is too many things need your attention. There is always something urgent you need to take care of. Not being able to focus, prioritize or triage appropriately towards a longer term goal and vision could prove to be one of the biggest mistakes an entrepreneur can make.
What are the top three lessons you’ve learned as an entrepreneur?
1. Smart people that fit your team culture are extremely hard to find; spend a lot of time recruiting for the right talent.
2. Joint problem-solving with your customers is the most motivating aspect of selling.
3. Building a company is a marathon, not a sprint.
Rahul is the Co-Founder and CEO of Simility.
Simility provides an enterprise fraud detection SaaS platform with big data analytics, machine learning and data visualization capabilities. Simility’s platform can be adapted to meet customers’ fraud use case and keeps pace with changing fraud tactics. Simility’s founding team has 27+ years of leadership experience fighting fraud at Google.
Prior to Simility, Rahul was a Director at Google where he led a global team of 200 that reduced ads fraud by 90%. Rahul is a fraud detection industry veteran having spent 6+ years at Google founding and scaling teams responsible for fighting fraud and abuse on Google’s ads, local and social products.
Prior to Google, Rahul was a Lead Engineer at General Electric (GE) working on GE’s smart grid software products. Rahul holds an MBA from the University of Michigan and a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from Clemson University.
*Want to be included in our Today’s Entrepreneur series? Email me: [email protected]
Source: Today’s Entrepreneur: Rahul Pangam
Via: Google Alert for ML