Machine learning algorithms for mode-of-action classification in toxicity assessment

For the ANN, a feedforward three-layer network with 24−12−6 neurons in the hidden layers is used. The results are not sensitive even by doubling the hidden-layer neurons. In the training process, the network is accepted when the success rate of the targeted classification reaches 85 %. For problems with limited and imbalanced data, setting a higher success rate for training may lead to over-fitting and producing an inferior network performance.Binary classification We first consider the classification for the two largest clusters, namely C1 with target class DNA/RNA and C10 with target class protein. There are 20 compounds in C1 and 13 compounds in C10, therefore, using 70 % training data implies that 14 compounds in C1 and 9 compounds in C10 are available as training set. The remaining 30 %…


Link to Full Article: Machine learning algorithms for mode-of-action classification in toxicity assessment

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Join Our Newsletter

Sign up to our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates about homeAI.info and the Informed.AI Network of AI related websites which includes Events.AI, Neurons.AI, Awards.AI, and Vocation.AI

You have Successfully Subscribed!