Job – NG-Data – Big Data Scientist – US and Belgium
Jo Buyl shared this job opportunity with us for a Big Data Scientist.
In the era of Big Data, data is not useful until we identify patterns, apply context and intelligence. The data scientist, as an emerging career path, is at the core of organizational success with Big Data and for humanizing the data to help businesses better understands their consumer.
As a data scientist, you sift through the explosion of data to discover what the data is telling you. You figure out “what questions to ask” so that relevant information hidden in the large volumes and varieties of data can be extracted. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Be a true partner in defining the solutions, have and develop business acumen and bring technical perspective in furthering the product and business;
- Aggregate data from various sources;
- Help define, design, and build projects that leverage our data;
- Develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of data;
- Determine and implement mechanisms to improve our data quality;
- Deliver clear, well-communicated and complete design documents;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and deliver on aggressive goals;
- Exhibit Creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with best in class designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers.
- You have a logical approach to the solution of problems and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis;
- You have the ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- You possess good interpersonal skills;
- You are self reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team;
- You are persistent, accurate, imaginative;
- You are able and have the discipline to document and record results;
- Be customer service oriented;
- Be open minded and solution oriented;
- You enjoy constantly expanding your knowledge base;
- You are willing to travel up to five days per month.
The successful candidate should have 5+ years experience in large-scale software development, with at least 3 years in Hadoop. Have a strong cross-functional technical background, excellent written/oral communication skills, and a willingness and capacity to expand their leadership and technical skills.
- BS / MS in computer Science;
- Strong understanding of data mining and machine learning algorithms, data structures and related core software engineering concepts;
- Understanding the concepts of Hadoop, HBase and other big data technologies; Understanding of marketing processes in the financial and or retail market;
- Have a sound knowledge of SPSS and SQL
Please note that we also manage other vacancies that are not public, if you want us to bring you in contact with them too, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
More Jobs ?
#datascience training programmes
Why don’t you join one of our #datascience trainings in order to sharpen your skills.
Special rates apply if you are a job seeker.
Here are some training highlights for the coming months:
- Jan Wijffels has scheduled a full R course in September.
- Geert Verstaeten is repeating his executive class on predictive analytics on Oct 1st.
- Rik Van Bruggen is organizing a full day of Graphs training with Neo4j.
- Elie Jesuran is organizing a workshop about building an intelligent twitterbot.
- Andy Petrella is organizing a 3 day Apache Spark course.
- Fabien Janssens is doing a hands-on workshop on Elasticsearch.
- Frank Vanden Berghen is will explain the ins and outs of Timi and Anatella in October.
Check out the full agenda here.
Have you been to our Meetups yet ?
Each month we organize a Meetup in Brussels focused on a specific DataScience topic.
Source: Job – NG-Data – Big Data Scientist – US and Belgium
Via: Google Alert for Data Science