Charles River UK Award for Excellence
25 Aug 2015 – Charles River is pleased to announce that nominations are now being accepted for the 2015 Charles River UK Award for Excellence.
This award recognizes an individual’s outstanding contributions to laboratory animal science, welfare and care, and will be presented in November of 2015 at the 52nd LASA Winter Meeting. Recipients of the UK Award for Excellence will receive a plaque, a 2-year membership to LASA, and a cheque for £1000.
Nominees should be professionals working toward scientific discovery through the use of animals where there are no validated alternatives, those involved in care and/or research that advances the well-being of laboratory animals, or those who manage laboratory animal facilities. The nominee must be a resident of the United Kingdom.
Our panel of judges will select the award recipient based upon criteria such as the following:
- Scientific discovery that leads to a significant benefit in the field of medicine
- Development of novel techniques that provide a welfare benefit to laboratory animals
- Demonstration of continued commitment to the ethical use of laboratory animals
- Development of improved welfare, care or breeding practices for laboratory animals
- Contribution towards the implementation of the 3Rs
Each nomination should be accompanied by the following:
1. The full name and contact details of both the nominator and the nominated individual
2. The CV of the nominated individual
3. A written statement (1000 words or less) pertaining to the nominated individual’s qualifications for the award
4. Supporting documentation as necessary (honours/awards, bibliography, etc.)
5. A second letter of support for the nomination
To nominate an individual for this award, please complete the form here. We will continue to accept nominations until 30 September 2015.
Source: Charles River UK Award for Excellence
Via: Google Alert for Neuroscience