Applied Machine Learning Engineer Belfast
Applied Machine Learning Engineer required in Belfast to join Alert Logic’s Cyber Security Research Team in Belfast.
Alert Logic is a leading provider of on-demand compliance and security solutions for mid-sized organizations. This on-demand platform utilizes software-as-a-service (SaaS) to provide our customers with the easiest way to secure their networks and comply with policies and regulations.
We are continuing to expand our team and we are looking for an Applied Analytics Engineer to join some of the industry’s brightest minds in developing our Threat Intelligence capability. Working as a part of a world-class team, you will focus on leveraging machine learning and data mining techniques, helping to shape how Alert Logic uses big data to manage cyber threat and security for our customers and partners.
The successful applicant will work across a variety of aspects in this challenging domain ultimately providing value to our customers through consumable research output.
The main focus will be to apply analytics against big data stores to assist in the detection and classification of threats when combined with research and intelligence that will allow high value content to be created. This will help Alert Logic to better detect and protect customers from cyber threat and enhance the capabilities of Alert Logic by integrating research output into products and services.
The Applied Threat Analytics Engineer will work on a team of highly skilled big data engineers. Additionally, the Applied Threat Analytics Engineer will be at the forefront of security research and engineering. You will be challenged to apply machine-learning techniques, statistical analysis techniques and build advanced predictive models. You will also need to exhibit a strong understanding of software development and an excellent ability to work with product development teams.
- Produce threat models using large data sets, statistical pattern enumeration and multi flow analysis
- Utilize asset model data and exposures artifacts to build threat scores
- Develop machine learning techniques for threat and attack probability
- Create advanced visuals from large data sets in order to allow analysts to explore relationships between key data points
Required Skills and Experience
- Possesses a passion for manipulating large data sets
- Strong ability to independently identify and resolve challenging and complex issues with critical and objective thinking
- Ability to work closely with partners to acquire a thorough understanding of service internals and the associated threat landscape
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Strong algorithm development background
- A strong understanding of big data, cloud computing, scalable and high performance analytics in diverse environments
- Experience in developing machine learning and data mining
- BSC in Math / computer science / Computer Engineering (5+ years of experience)
- C/C++, Perl, Python, Java, d3, NoSQL
Desired Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience in cyber security
- Experience developing large scale enterprise level deployment solutions
- Experience developing security based products, and Real-time decoding algorithms
- Algorithm experience in Data-Mining & Machine learning
Should you wish to apply for this position please send your CV to Phil Vernon by clicking on the APPLY button below.
Source: Applied Machine Learning Engineer Belfast
Via: Google Alert for ML