Risk Python Developer
City of London
Our client is a £10bn+ hedge fund seeking a talented python developer to join a Front Office risk team that has the CRO, 2 researchers and 2 technologists covering:
- Portfolio for market risks and regulatory compliance.
- Providing portfolio analytics to internal and external portfolio managers, investors and regulators.
- The role covers development on Risk models, analytics, reports and visualisations. This works with middle and Back Office teams, sector teams, portfolio management team, risk researchers, and management committee.
- The successful candidate will have great communication skills, the ability to distil complex requirements into an achievable set of deliverables combined with the technical skills to be able to deliver them. The technology team is a proponent of Agile development techniques and the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the development process, including requirements gathering, development, testing and support.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a mathematical discipline or Computer Science from a top-tier University.
- Strong technology skills; at least three years’ experience in the full development life cycle.
- Agile/TDD/BDD experience.
- Strong Python skills.
- Ability to work well in a small, agile team in a critical role in a fast-paced environment.
- A proponent of strong software engineering techniques and agile methods: continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Proficient working on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- Web development experience
- Charting libraries – Matplotlib, D3, Highcharts etc.
- Financial experience