We are seeking a talented and experienced developer to join our client’s Execution Research and Development Team. The team is responsible for all of the Company’s execution mechanisms, including;
- In-house algorithm development
- External algorithm analysis and integration
- Manual DMA execution capability
- Order routing
- Order management
- Execution management
- Connectivity to external liquidity providers across the world
- All the analytic functions required to systematically assess AHL’s execution performance
The role covers development across the Company’s execution estate and covers Futures, FX, Equity, Options, Bonds, Credit and Rates in Java and Python.
The successful candidate will possess excellent academic qualifications and have a proven track record of designing and developing highly reliable systems. A knowledge and interest in the mathematical side of execution model development is certainly advantageous and the opportunity to contribute significantly to the design of the execution models exists.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the leading electronic execution teams in the City, trading for one of the best known funds in the industry, with exposure to an exceptionally wide set of asset classes.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a mathematical discipline or Computer Science from a top-tier University.
- Exceptional technology skills; recognised by your peers as an expert in your domain.
- Expert proficiency in Java.
- Python skills a significant advantage.
- Excellent Database / SQL skills – ideally Oracle.
- Experience with FIX a significant advantage.
- Great communication skills coupled with the ability to work closely with Researchers, Traders, Operations, Support and Developers alike to rapidly understand business requirements and build robust solutions.
- Ability to work well in a small, agile team in a critical role in a fast-paced environment.
- A proponent of strong software engineering techniques and agile methods: continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
- Relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, optimisation algorithms is an advantage.
- Proficient working on both Linux and Windows platforms.